Nighttime Skin Care Tips
Once women reach a certain age, we have a fairly routine skin care regime. We wash our face and maybe throw on some moisturizer. We sometimes use an exfoliating scrub, an anti-aging serum, or an overnight cream that promises to diminish age spots and destroy wrinkles. There are hundreds of professional skin care products on the market that we put our trust in, but often we are left disappointed and still look for products to get us what we want — flawless skin. At iderma, we want to give you a product that you can believe in. But we’ll talk about that later. Now, let’s talk about a nighttime skincare routine that will give you and your skin new energy.
What does exercise have to do with skin care? A few hours before bedtime, give yourself 30 minutes to an hour to get your heart rate up. This can be done with a fast-paced walk, a jog, or some time in the gym. However you choose to exercise, it will tire your body out and help to improve your circadian rhythm. When you can regulate the time between sleep and wakefulness, you will be able to fall asleep faster and sleep deeper. Because your body refreshes itself while we sleep, this is a great opportunity for your skin to repair and heal from the stress of the day.
Take Off Makeup
This is probably something you did in your years at college, so if you still sleep with your makeup on, it’s definitely time to rid your nighttime routine of this habit. There are several reasons why it’s important to remove makeup before hitting the hay.
- Your complexion will appear dull because oil and dead skill cells can damage your dermis.
- Dirt and makeup can cause a breakdown of your skin which could lead to premature aging (wrinkles).
- It could make acne even worse.
Your skin naturally renews itself, but when you exfoliate, you are giving your skin additional help to remove old, dead skin cells. By exfoliating with professional skin care product, it will help grow smooth skin that has an even tone and help remove oil cells that result in dull skin. When you skip this step, it can lead to clogged follicles and a buildup of bacteria that can cause acne.
- Word of the day: desquamation. Meaning to peel or shed the outer membrane of the skin.
The hot water you use while exfoliating removes the moisture and essential oils from your skin. So after you exfoliate, make sure to put some moisture back into your skin. Use a professional skin care product that has plenty of vitamins, such as A, B5, C, and E, as well as antioxidants. A great moisturizer will also have an SPF of around 15 to protect your skin throughout the day. These should be used in the morning as well. Be sure to reach your face, ears, neck, and chest as these are areas that are more prone to skin cancer.
Do You Have Dry Skin?
Depending on the type of skin you have, your nighttime routine may be a slightly different. And there are also different professional skin care products that you can use to help nourish your skin. Try using:
- Vitamin E: This vitamin has antioxidants that your skin needs. They work to block free radicals from the body which play a part in creating wrinkles.
- Argan Oil: This professional skin care product is full of Vitamin E and fatty acids that will naturally moisturize, hydrate, and soften the skin.
- Humidifier: If you use central heat or air, it can wreak havoc on your skin. By adding additional moisture into the air, your skin will benefit.
Do you have oily skin?
When fighting oily skin, nighttime is a great opportunity to keep pores clear.
- Double Cleanse: The first pass will remove any residual makeup, grime, and oil. The second wash can give your skin a deeper clean by removing bacteria.
- Steam Clean: Heat up some hot water in a large bowl and hold your head over the steam. Use a towel to keep the steam close to your skin. This will open pores and allow for a thorough clean.
- Try Salicylic Acid: A professional skin care product like salicylic acid might do the trick to give your skin a powerful clean. However, be careful that you don't dry out your skin too much.
Give an Innovative Professional Skin Care Product a Try
At iderma, we created a skincare product that uses well-known science to improve the appearance of your skin. We created a light treatment masque that uses red and infrared LED light. The wavelengths of these lights have a certain length that allows them to penetrate deep into the skin to stimulate the growth of collagen and skin cells that can rejuvenate the skin. Instead of other professional skin care products that simply sit on the surface of the skin and can't reach the important layers of your skin, LED light can have a visible difference in the tone and smoothness of your skin. With enhanced collagen production, the surface of your skin can be restored by minimizing deep wrinkles, diminishing fine lines, decreasing the size of pores, fading age spots, and removing redness.
How to Incorporate iderma Into Your Nighttime Routine
Men and women alike can easily incorporate the iderma masque into their routine. With just three, eight-minute sessions per week, you can fit in a quick session while you listen to the news of the day or it's a great way to rest your mind before trying to fall asleep. Unlike other professional skin care products, this won't require hot water that zaps moisture from your skin and it won't leave your skin with an oily or greasy feeling. The warmth of the light can even help you relax.
If you want to shake up your nighttime skincare routine, do it with a professional skin care product that has science to back it up! With technology researched by NASA and the National Institute of Health, give your skin a chance to store its youthful appearance. Order your iderma masque today.